| Author |
Replies: 19 / Views: 1,102 |
Page 2 of 2
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1772 Posts |
Very nice! Won't make you rich but it's worth a coffee, or perhaps a meal, but the restaurant depends on the buyer. It'd gladly be a keeper for me, congrats 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
15948 Posts |
I'm not seeing it.  Can someone please point out where this major error is?
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1850 Posts |
Quote: I'm not seeing it. I didn't at first, either!  The big blob between the date and her neck. I don't see the tear
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3574 Posts |
|
|
Moderator
 United States
34562 Posts |
Quote: one of a kind, yeah? Unless somehow the die broke when striking the dime before this one and then they stopped the press and replaced the die immediately after this one (both of which are unlikely, and together would be extraordinarily unlikely), yours is one of a group of dimes struck with similar levels of die damage.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push." -----Ghanaian proverb
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed." -----King Adz
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19611 Posts |
A die chip on steroids...
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7597 Posts |
Quote: I'm not seeing it Right above the 026 of the date. Impressive.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196114 Posts |
Very nice! 
|
|
Valued Member
United States
178 Posts |
Pretty awesome large die chip - not sure if it would qualify as a Die Break though.
|
|
New Member
 United States
26 Posts |
thanks for all the replies! I got this as pocket change from the grocery store. Am now in the habit of checking all my pocket change, and felt this one in my pocket before even looking at it... I was kinda shocked to see a chip that big, and in that specific location. Also if you zoom in on her eye you can see a slash coming down from the pupil to mid nose, I don't think it's a bag mark, but if it is, it only adds to the lore of this specific coin as I've already named 'The beheading of Liberty' It really is something to look at!
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196114 Posts |
Quote: I've already named 'The beheading of Liberty' 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3363 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
9011 Posts |
Very nice find, coinnoob13! There is also a nice die crack/chipping, coming off the hair just under the ear running west to east. I think Cuds On Coins would be very interested in this example, maybe send JC some pics. COC link. https://cuds-on-coins.com/attributi...-what-to-do/ADDED. Quote: There is also a nice die crack/chipping, coming off the hair just under the ear running west to east My bad, that would appear to be part of the design. 
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents- 07/28/2026 10:50 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
6905 Posts |
That is a sizable interior die break, even more memorable because of the location. Definitely a neat find, good eye! =)
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3363 Posts |
Quote: this is so unique I haven't seen another die chip error even close to something this major coinoob13 - may I use your photo for educational purposes? I will give you credit unless you prefer no credit!
Edited by Pete2226 08/17/2026 11:47 am
|
|
Page 2 of 2
|
Replies: 19 / Views: 1,102 |
Page 2 of 2
|