| Author |
Replies: 41 / Views: 1,719 |
Page 3 of 3
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
6016 Posts |
The last time I paid for expedited shipping from the mint for a commemorative gold coin, I still had to wait weeks until the coin was actually ready to be shipped, and then the actual shipping was overnight. Seemed like a bit of a waste of money, to be honest.
This time, however, the set has already been shipped and I just got an alert from UPS saying it is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
6016 Posts |
Oh, and for the record, it seems as though they are still available for sale as of 2:24 EDT.
Edited by barryg 08/06/2026 2:25 pm
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196100 Posts |
Quote: Requirements engineering in a nutshell. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
6016 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
6903 Posts |
Jbuck, I have seen several variations of that comic over the years. That's a really good depiction! Although poor listening is just partly human nature. I have known many people over the years (probably including myself) who have had lists of good and bad practices tacked to their cube wall, only to blatantly ignore them in practice.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196100 Posts |
I can most certainly relate to that. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2139 Posts |
$2775 is beyond my budget. They are still available for sale. . . the silver medals are very attractive and as jbuck mentioned, they are available on the secondary market. A quick check of the bay shows slabbed examples of the first medal going for $385 - $425. Saw a raw example asking $325. . .
Numismatic Love left the building years ago and she ain't coming back.
" Even a clock that's stopped is right twice a day. "
Edited by cptbilly 08/06/2026 7:11 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7343 Posts |
Quote: I would not rule out the probability that the Mint is simply focusing on the highest revenue and profit items purchased by "whales". It's a pitfall of business requirements, because it makes (false) sense to executives to focus on the highest profit items and the biggest spenders. Might be a bigger % profit maker for them, however looking at sales this one might fall flat 7:00 pm PST (California) ATS # 21,763
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196100 Posts |
Quote: A quick check of the bay shows slabbed examples of the first medal going for $385 - $425. Saw a raw example asking $325. . . Too rich for me. I hope they come down closer to melt in a few years, or at least down to what the Mint would have priced them as a solo offering. Quote: Numismatic Love left the building years ago and she ain't coming back. 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
12920 Posts |
Quote: Too rich for me. I hope they come down closer to melt in a few years, or at least down to what the Mint would have priced them as a solo offering. I would expect that to be the case after some time. While I too like the medal, I'm not sure I'd be a buyer at that point though.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7343 Posts |
Almost 2 weeks since offered for sale and less than 10,000 sets have been sold (@ 12:30 PST and the ATS # is 20,028)
I'm wondering what the future will hold for this "numismatic rarity"? Your thoughts?
Did all the (dime,quarter...ect.) original 2016 offerings sell out? If not does any know where we can find sold numbers?
|
|
Valued Member
United States
237 Posts |
The dime basically sold out 124,885. The quarter and half were each slightly over 90% sold of their mintage limits 100,000 and 70,000.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
12920 Posts |
Clearly it's going to have a very low final mintage, kind of like the uncirculated 1/10th oz gold commemoratives of the past many years. Unfortunately, I doubt that rarity will translate into any numismatic value beyond spot. My opinion.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2722 Posts |
I've been priced-out. my money needs to go elsewhere. numismatic love is on hold.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1870 Posts |
|
|
Page 3 of 3
|
Replies: 41 / Views: 1,719 |
Page 3 of 3
|