| Author |
Replies: 17 / Views: 982 |
Page 2 of 2
|
|
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote: cause they plan on getting rid of them? That has my vote. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
15959 Posts |
Quote: cause they plan on getting rid of them? I'll need a new forum name.  Perhaps I'll become notmadeanylongersearcher. 
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
|
|
Valued Member
United States
247 Posts |
Because they were too busy designing a coin with the face of the SITTING PRESIDENT on it?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1808 Posts |
Quote: Perhaps I'll become notmadeanylongersearcher You might get a few years as zinkelsearcher 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
6906 Posts |
Quote: Perhaps I'll become notmadeanylongersearcher. ObseleteSearcher?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
6906 Posts |
In all honesty, I thought the chance to redesign the boring nickel reverse was a huge missed opportunity. But they did give Jefferson his own four coin series in 2004-2005 for the Louisiana Purchase.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1760 Posts |
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote:You might get a few years as zinkelsearcher  
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2253 Posts |
I did a little research and turns out that, for whatever reason, the government authorized the mint to redesign the half, quarter and dime, but not the nickel.
The reason could be that the nickel's obverse had already been redesigned relatively recently to the "Creepy Jefferson" image we see today.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
6906 Posts |
Except that the JN reverse hasn't been redesigned since 1938 (except for the LAP series), so a celebration reverse wouldn't have been out of place for the 250th coins.
|
|
New Member
United States
42 Posts |
I wouldn't be shocked if 2027/2028 is the last year for Mr. Jefferson on his own coin.
In other words, the nickel.
Edited by Pre_Coder 08/21/2026 5:58 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1760 Posts |
My suspicion is 2028 will be the first year of the nickel-plated zinc "Zinckel".
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote: I did a little research and turns out that, for whatever reason, the government authorized the mint to redesign the half, quarter and dime, but not the nickel. Does it really surprise you that Congress passed inadequate, incomplete, and incompetent legislation?  Quote: I wouldn't be shocked if 2027/2028 is the last year for Mr. Jefferson on his own coin. In other words, the nickel.  Quote: My suspicion is 2028 will be the first year of the nickel-plated zinc "Zinckel". 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20057 Posts |
Quote: Does it really surprise you that Congress passed inadequate, incomplete, and incompetent legislation? They've been doing it for 250 years and it's worse over time. Why would they break the losing streak? 
Lincoln Cent Lover!VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR https://verdi.care/
Edited by BadThad 08/25/2026 11:04 pm
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote: Why would they break the losing streak?  That is one way to look at it. 
|
|
Page 2 of 2
|
Replies: 17 / Views: 982 |
Page 2 of 2
|