Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Million Dollar Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,019Next Topic  
Valued Member
mishap-coins's Avatar
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2007  12:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mishap-coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers

I wasn't sure if anyone has seen this or posted it. It was interesting.


http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2007/...#skip300x250
Bedrock of the Community
Bryan1315's Avatar
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2007  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thats awesome, even though I wouldn't ever be able to afford it I would love to see one at a coin show somewhere. I am sure if they announced a million dollar coin in the fliers (or what ever advertising media they chose) of a coin show people would come from all over just to be able to see such a coin
Edited by Bryan1315
09/20/2007 1:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
jcook54's Avatar
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2007  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jcook54 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand that it's a gimmick. I understand that some folks think that it is not a good idea. But I also understand that it would be really cool to see. Put it up there with the other kitschy stuff around that I like; that large a solid gold coin would be neat. hehe...megaloonie...
Bedrock of the Community
biokemist6's Avatar
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2007  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Metalman's Avatar
United States
7123 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2007  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Metalman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im not surprised that it did not sell ,, the purchase cost would be the tip of the Iceberg ,, security and a place to house it would be a major and continual expense for something like that .

Metalman
Bedrock of the Community
Bryan1315's Avatar
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2007  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
now that I see that coin on teletrade I remember seeing it before it was to be sold
Pillar of the Community
Amazon99's Avatar
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2007  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amazon99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it would be pretty cool if they made the coin with pizza slices in it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,019Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Forums