First was when growing up: collected pennies from change.
Second was about 35 years ago: had disposable income and built up quite a collection. Had to sell it years later when my wife and I had a temporary cash flow issue.
Third is here and now. Mostly into Lincoln wheat cents and doubled die errors.
Greetings to all, and I'm honored to be a member of the community.
I once had to sell off my collection. It was back in the mid 1990's. Boy did that hurt! Luckily, I've been enjoying my old hobby consistently since 2010. My mentor Les, the guy who inspired my interest was all about Lincoln Cents. Passionate about Lincoln Cents. Great guy, God rest his soul. My favorites are; Mercs, Indian Head cents, and Barber coinage. Great to meet you!
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use