| Author |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,002 |
|
|
New Member
United States
21 Posts |
I know its ugly and been through the ringer but I have to say that out of all the errors that I have found and thought I have found this is the first one that is going to stay in my collection. I've been reading some posts lately and was wondering is this a "misaligned die" error. Well just thought I share my first keeper with the forum. Here's to many more. 
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts |
 I don't think so. Did you read the post about pheripheral die damage? Otherwise a dryer got ahold of this one.
Edited by rockdude 02/02/2009 6:49 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2752 Posts |
It was damaged outside the Mint. The fact that the "rim" folds over the peripheral letters is evidence enough of this. Such an effect is impossible in a mint error.
Error coin writer and researcher.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12437 Posts |
Not an error at all, it just spent some time in a commercial clothes dryer
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7629 Posts |
Bummer...so it's not your first keeper. Keep going, you'll find something.
|
|
New Member
 United States
21 Posts |
well not a error but I still like it. Thanks for setting me straight though only way to learn right?
|
|
Valued Member
United States
311 Posts |
While looking for info on a questionable find of my own, I found this article- http://conecaonline.org/content/OhNo0031.htmThere are several other articles on there to illustrate different types of post-mint damage that can be mistaken for Mint errors... interesting stuff!
|
|
Valued Member
United States
301 Posts |
I think it;s a spoon job you could tell by the letters the way there running into the rim of the coin/
jazzcoins joe
Edited by Jazzcoins 02/04/2009 09:34 am
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
3039 Posts |
Hi newbie & welcome. I am sortta new too. This is a great learning site and the members (some really knowledgeable)really like to help with their 2 or 3 cents worth. I'm like you finding different things and going oooh-oooh. After I post them do I find out the truth, but that's how you learn. I did find a nice 1995 DDO this week that wasn't poopood by the members so I know it was a good find, finally. I've got another one in the works now while I find out about it (1995 Wide AM w/rotated reverse). Maybe a fake. Anyway, keep hunting and squinting.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts |
I can remember when I was younger taking a nickel and using a spoon to roll the edges and forming it into a ring. This coin is not a spooned coin.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7629 Posts |
People don't spoon zinc cents...just no reason to do that. This is a Dryer Coin, no doubt about it.
|
| |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,002 |
|