| Author |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,005 |
|
|
New Member
United States
23 Posts |
I received it new as a graduation gift in 2000 and had been in my file box since. I went to donesize my stuff I found this and turned rainbowed tint. I'd like to know what kind a grade this would be and if I should pay the $$ and get it professionally graded. Thank you.  
|
|
|
|
Moderator
 United States
56855 Posts |
The obverse looks like it had tape across it at one time. I think it would get a details grade? John1 
Edited by John1 08/12/2022 04:52 am
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
94367 Posts |
I'd have to agree.   to the CCF!
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37201 Posts |
AU-58 with some tape residue on the obverse.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts |
The details look MS...but the tape and the residue would indicate it was circulated at some point.
KK.
|
|
New Member
 United States
23 Posts |
Yes It did have tape holding it to the graduation card, I took the coin off the card a few days ago to toss the card away
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
1559 Posts |
You know, I would not spare money and time to evaluate this coin. So it will be to a certain box that firstly protects it, secondly it will be easier for you to show it to your friends and family (something like a demo box). So it would be stored for you as a memory.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6244 Posts |
Been an gift for own graduation, I will pay the 50$ for certify. The value of the coin never will surpass the facts.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts |
AU-58 details. Do not send in for grading, not worth the cost of doing so. This coin is valued at one dollar.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
56855 Posts |
LennaWB, Do not send it in. Put it in a 2x2 coin holder or an Air-Tite coin capsule and enjoy it.The memories is where the value is. John1 
Edited by John1 08/14/2022 04:49 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts |
Quote: ...to toss the card away... So much for memories.  KK
|
| |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,005 |
|