Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1829 Bust Half Dime Lm 6.1 ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 878Next Topic  
Valued Member
roach's Avatar
United States
364 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2023  7:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add roach to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Just got this 1829 Half Dime, I believe it is the LM 6.1 which has an impressive R.7 rarity rating.... any Bust Half Dime aficionados out there to confirm?

1829-Bust-Half-Dime-Lm-6.1-?
1829-Bust-Half-Dime-Lm-6.1-?
Pillar of the Community
jacrispies's Avatar
United States
3848 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2023  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Calling bikergeek calling bikergeek!
Suffering from bust half fever.
Want to learn how to attribute early half dollars by die variety? Click Here: http://goccf.com/t/434955
Shoot me a PM if you are looking to sell bust halves.
Valued Member
roach's Avatar
United States
364 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2023  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add roach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like Bikergeek needs this one to complete the PCGS registry set....what say you Bikergeek?
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2024  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bikergeek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey @Roach (and @Jacrispies) - I'm REALLY late to this conversation! Just happened to be looking back on " Half Dime" posts and was interested to see my name here! lol.

My conclusion, and PCGS' conclusion, is that this is indeed an LM-6.1! How do I know this? Well, I bought the coin in November 2023, and submitted it in January 2024, and was delighted to see PCGS concur!
https://www.pcgs.com/cert/49022368

So - like you guys, I was initially uncertain. @Roach, I assume that was you that I bought it from on ebay. You'll remember that I expressed some doubt - as the markers can be subtle (especially the berry stems). It wasn't a slam dunk. But, "nothing ventured, nothing gained," and you worked with me on the sale. Long story short, I now have an LM-6.1 in my set.

Interestingly, I picked up another LM-6.x recently in a lower grade. I had some peers look at it, and got mixed reviews as to whether the lower-grade one is a 6.1 or 6.2. Had I not acquired your coin I would have pushed that other coin a little harder... but that's one that just makes me say "hmmm...."

I wish I'd seen this post back when it came out! We could have cut ebay out as a middleman!

And I also wish that CCF had tagging that would flag a post. Mods? Anyone?
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107554 Posts
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2024  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bikergeek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All's well that ends well!
Valued Member
roach's Avatar
United States
364 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2024  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add roach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That indeed was me Bikergeek! I am glad it graded out for you at PCGS! I just posted another question on a possibly rare variety of a Seated half dime on the forum , if you know anything about Seated half dime, please chime in !
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 878Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Forums