Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

My New Lucky Penny - 2025 D

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 4,882Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2025  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chris1974 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just started hand tooling. Normally I tackle what I think is the toughest part first. In this piece it's the eagle. It's small at 2 1/4" wide. My tiniest tools aren't small enough so I'll need to improvise to achieve the effect I'm after. It's looking good so far.



My-New-Lucky-Penny---2025-D


My-New-Lucky-Penny---2025-D
Edited by Chris1974
03/02/2025 12:45 pm
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2025  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chris1974 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

My-New-Lucky-Penny---2025-D
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195742 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
igwt79's Avatar
United States
1503 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2025  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add igwt79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great artwork! And a cool idea to carry around that lucky cent!
Pillar of the Community
Tacc's Avatar
United States
3535 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2025  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tacc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really nice Work!
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2025  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chris1974 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!!
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2025  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chris1974 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Making progress today.



My-New-Lucky-Penny---2025-D
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2025  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chris1974 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

My-New-Lucky-Penny---2025-D
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
HondoB's Avatar
United States
27514 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2025  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HondoB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic work, Chris1974!
Inordinately fascinated by bits of metal with strange markings and figures
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2025  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chris1974 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Hondo.

Few more pics of the finishing steps.


My-New-Lucky-Penny---2025-D


My-New-Lucky-Penny---2025-D


My-New-Lucky-Penny---2025-D
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2025  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chris1974 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm happy to say thats it's finished.

Here it is. laying on a bed of CRH cents I've found these past 6 months. Hope you like it.


My-New-Lucky-Penny---2025-D


My-New-Lucky-Penny---2025-D

I like to number my work if I'm building a series of items. So this one gets the
001 numerals. Working on this project was so much fun that I wouldn't mind building more. If anyone here on CC would be interested in acquiring one of these to use as a luggage tag, key fob, wall hanger, or just simply to collect.
Let's just start off by offering 20 of them starting with numbers 004-025, I have a handful of AU Lincoln Cents I can include ranging from years 1959-current. The coin would be free but my time and materials used would add up to a small fee. Shipping included. Chris
Edited by Chris1974
03/04/2025 04:44 am
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195742 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2025  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here it is. laying on a bed of CRH cents I've found these past 6 months. Hope you like it.
That looks outstanding!
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107152 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2025  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
THAT is the most excellent work on leather that I have seen in a very long time.

I tried my hand at it a very long time ago and failed miserably.

great work! I'm super impressed!!
Pillar of the Community
Tacc's Avatar
United States
3535 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2025  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tacc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again, Top Notch work there Chris. Great touch on numbering your work, I (like other artists) have
always numbered the original signed Art Prints that I sell ex; 252/500 etc.
Pillar of the Community
Tacc's Avatar
United States
3535 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2025  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tacc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chris74, please change your account settings to allow emails from other members.
Currently can't send you an email.
  Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 4,882Next Topic
Page: of 3

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Forums