Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

I'm Thinkin It's An 1975 LMC Struck Through A Staple.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 743Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
284 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2025  4:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kcm to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year and/or Mintmark and/or Denomination to Title. It's essential to have it in the title. ***

I'm thinkin' it's an LMC struck through a staple ..., but alack and alas you folks excel in the bad habit of proving me wrong.
I'm-Thinkin-It's-An-1975-LMC-Struck-Through-A-Staple.
Pillar of the Community
Tunnioc's Avatar
United States
3213 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2025  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does it stick to a magnet?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
HondoB's Avatar
United States
27514 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2025  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HondoB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking it's a LMC with environmental damage.
Inordinately fascinated by bits of metal with strange markings and figures
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79456 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2025  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see only environmental damage.
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107820 Posts
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2025  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kcm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I checked it out with neodymium magnet. No trace of magnetism. I have lost a lot of skill on how to use this forum. I tried to upload more images. Couldn't figure out how to do it. Let's see if I can add one here. It looks like it has concave features the shine and convex features akin to rust. If it were rust, I would expect to respond to the magnet.
I'm-Thinkin-It's-An-1975-LMC-Struck-Through-A-Staple.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Marv65's Avatar
United States
10601 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2025  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Marv65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A struck through wouldn't have exposed the zinc core. Looks like scratches with a stain - Pareidolia.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
HondoB's Avatar
United States
27514 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2025  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HondoB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
wouldn't have exposed the zinc core

Hey Marve, it's a 1975 LMC.
Inordinately fascinated by bits of metal with strange markings and figures
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Marv65's Avatar
United States
10601 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2025  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Marv65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey Marve, it's a 1975 LMC.


Oh Jesus - time for new glasses - I thought it was an 85!
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 743Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Forums