NGC - Coin of the Day: Today is Navajo Code Talkers Day, honoring Native Americans who used their language to help the Allies win World War II. This 2016-S Sacagawea dollar honors their service.
Quote: I still miss seeing the date and mint mark on the coin instead of on the edge.
Before I started buying uncirculated mint sets in 2019, I only collected the proof. No point in collecting P&D when you cannot see the P&D in an album.
That's an educational moment for me. I am quite the enthusiast of Navajo code talkers during WWII. But I had no idea that American Indian code talking had its start with Cherokee and other Native American dialects in World War I.
Quote: Before I started buying uncirculated mint sets in 2019, I only collected the proof. No point in collecting P&D when you cannot see the P&D in an album.
I buy these coin from P, D, and S (I take them from the annual sets from the mint. However for the Innovation dollar coins, I have to guy the P/D from a sell (I buy from often) but this year, he sent me 3 D coins, not one of each. I 'had' to get the P coin so I sent back the D coin (I mage sure I kept the better looking one) and had him send me the P coin . Why? cause my set would not be complete with out the proper coin,
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use