Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1969 D Lincoln Cent. Can't Find Anything On This. Die Chip? I In Liberty

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 343Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
killians76's Avatar
United States
986 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2026  05:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add killians76 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year and/or Mintmark and/or Denomination to Title. It's essential to have it in the title. ***

The I in Liberty is clear enough I don't have to point out, been trying to see if there is something coming off the other letters. Looked but can't find anything on this. Its defined pretty good to be a die chip, but guessing it is tho. Anyways...


1969-D-Lincoln-Cent.-Can't-Find-Anything-On-This.-Die-Chip?-I-In-Liberty
1969-D-Lincoln-Cent.-Can't-Find-Anything-On-This.-Die-Chip?-I-In-Liberty
1969-D-Lincoln-Cent.-Can't-Find-Anything-On-This.-Die-Chip?-I-In-Liberty

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Moderator
Learn More...
nickelsearcher's Avatar
United States
15941 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2026  07:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I edited your post to include the denomination in the title.

Please be mindful to always include the denomination. Thanks
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Pillar of the Community
Ballyhoo's Avatar
United States
1613 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2026  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking closely, if the image is accurate, it looks connected to the left side of the "I" midway. More of a splinter than a chip. Either way, I don't see much else going on with any of the other letters/numbers execpt for the Y taking a hit.
ANA member - PAN Member - BCCS Member
There are no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79330 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2026  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting.
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107554 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Brandmeister's Avatar
United States
6903 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2026  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Check Brandmeister's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Brandmeister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Die gouge?
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
JimmyD's Avatar
Canada
21910 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2026  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking a die dent looking at how smooth it is.
Pillar of the Community
killians76's Avatar
United States
986 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2026  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add killians76 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, crh. I found a guy that got nearly 300 bucks in pennies from the last 60 years that never moved from when they were placed in a jar or two. Lol. Its been fun searching and they all look in great shape. Ill keep them coming when I find something. Thanks again
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 343Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Forums