Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Question About A 1915 Silver Pan Pacific Medal

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 2,089Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2011  8:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I recently saw 1915 silver Panama Pacific medal (dollar size)


I am not sure what would be a good price, or if this is very
collectible.

I am thinking ...wondering if this is something I could buy
with the intention of selling it ...

or even saving it from being melted .. really not sure of a value here.
Valued Member
Uhhhh's Avatar
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2011  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Uhhhh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's really hard to say anything about value at all without pictures.

Pillar of the Community
ExoGuy's Avatar
United States
4433 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2011  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, there are varieties of these that were issued. Kindly post a pic or direct us to a similar ebay item.
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2011  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On this link, it looks like the one that says

"1915 silver medal"

Says 100 to 200 known.

http://www.expomedals.com/1915/
Rest in Peace
biggfredd's Avatar
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2011  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When people tell me something looks just like the one in the book, I ask them if a photocopy of that page would look just like the page of the book.

Fakes tend to show a different color where worn, or a seam around the edge. If neither applies, post pix.
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2011  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe what I wrote was not read .. or I did not explain myself very well

Not knowing anything about this medal, I was hoping to get any information
about it before buying.

If I have not bought it yet .. then I can not post pics.
Valued Member
madlou22's Avatar
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add madlou22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Meh I wouldn't do it. Medals arn't as collectable as coins are. Just my opion.
Pillar of the Community
alganbagerap's Avatar
United Kingdom
2490 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If only that were true madlou, then I wouldn't be spending so much!
Valued Member
madlou22's Avatar
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add madlou22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my bad... I thought coins were worth more lol... Like I said, I am still new to this stuff. Sorry if I offended you or anything... Besides, medals still look cool.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 2,089Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Forums