Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1980 P Kennedy Silver Planchet? Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 2,334Next Topic  
New Member

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2013  6:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add itschris to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hey guys, was enjoying a nice saturday afternoon after getting some boxes of half dollars. I was CRH, and came up on this in a roll...I said.."yes !" I found a silver coin after skunking 2 boxes. I flipped it around..and it was a 1980? ...I tried searching online but have found nothing regarding this coin. I took pictures of the coin in the roll, seperate, in regular kennedy's...and in a stack of Silver half dollars..

Has anyone ever seen this before ? Its not a Proof, and has no S...weird

In the stack of silver kennedy's its number #6.



1980-P-Kennedy-Silver-Planchet?-Error?

1980-P-Kennedy-Silver-Planchet?-Error?

1980-P-Kennedy-Silver-Planchet?-Error?

1980-P-Kennedy-Silver-Planchet?-Error?

1980-P-Kennedy-Silver-Planchet?-Error?
Rest in Peace
Buddy's Avatar
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2013  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is curious.

Have you weighed it?

I wonder if it got plated (post-mint).
New Member
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2013  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add itschris to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately I dont have a digital scale, sucks..It's definetely to me has a grease struck through error, when I learned up on errors. Weird. Ill see if I can get ahold of a digital scale and see, what it goes up against a 90% and 40%. I dont see why the philadelphia mint would have silver planchets available at this time..
Pillar of the Community
Dasaki's Avatar
United States
500 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2013  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dasaki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By that shine, my money is on it being silver plated all the way.
Pillar of the Community
eSinger's Avatar
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2013  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eSinger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Plated or painted, see an IKE the same way here..

https://goccf.com/t/131686

Pics at the bottom...
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 2,334Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Forums