Hey Everyone, I'm trying to finish my collection of Indiana Heads and Flying Eagles. I have a while to go, but I was looking on ebay for some of the coins and couldn't find a lot of them. Anyone have suggestions on where to get these? Preferably online. Here is a list of all that I need: 1864, 1864 L, 1866-73, 1876-78, 1885, 1908 S, 1909 S
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
The best, and most specialized seller, is Rick Snow at indiancent.com. I've purchased from and did a few trades. Very fair, spot on grading and premium coins for the money. He also specializes in die varieties which are plentiful in this series. I've also bought from jjteaparty.com. They are in Boston and used to have a physical store as well, but now are only online.
Ath check David's suggestion. I found some of mine a different coin shows and also bought several on ebay. There are always alot of Indians there, but do some reading as counterfeits are alive and well in auctions. And I suggest a slab for the 1877 unless you deal with a reputable dealer. That one is PRICEY and the 1909-s isn't exactly cheap but I'm sure you already know that~!! Enjoy!!
It probably depends on your budget. indiancent.com is great if you can afford some of the higher grade examples. They occasionally have coins in the G-F range, but mostly they sell AU-MS. ebay is ok for getting deals on lower grade coins, but like others have said I would seek slabbed examples of 1877 and 1909-S.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use