Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Questions On Grading?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 864Next Topic  
New Member
vent's Avatar
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2019  8:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vent to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I was wondering if any of you can recommend the best grading company? I've never sent a coin off before, but I have a few old dimes, a few pennies, some foreign coins, some proofs, and some really weird coins to have graded. I have a 1943 D copper penny and I heard its valuable so I worry who to send them to. Are the coins insured in case they're worth something?.. How long does it take to get them back?.. etc. I just want to get a label on them and stow them away. Thanks a ton!
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2019  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's first start with some pics of some of your better coins.



to the CCF!
Rest in Peace
T-BOP's Avatar
United States
18456 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2019  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes especially the 1943-D copper cent .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1070 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2019  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Evan7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

To CCF!

Post pictures of coins in question here. There are a lot of members here that have been collecting for years and are very knowledgeable. I can't answer your question about grading as I've never had a coin graded before. Would love to see that 1943 copper penny. There are a lot of fakes out there. Posting your 1943 penny here would help you determine weather to send it in for grading or not. I truly hope you have a legit 1943 penny as those are SUPER rare and bring HIGE premium in ANY grade.

Cheers
New Member
vent's Avatar
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2019  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your support! For sure, I'll post pics of what I have. Some don't have pics yet, just hunkered down in their baggies lol, so give me a bit and I'll post those too. Yes, I have a 1943 D copper, I'm 99.999 % positive its legit. I got it from the ice cream man when I was 16, it's been stowed away since, well, forever. I also have this 1902 cent that weighs 2.6 g, wondering if any of you have an opinion on that?


Questions-On-Grading?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1070 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2019  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Evan7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vent, could you make a new thread and post good pictures of 1943 Coop penny. Can't wait to check it out

Cheers
New Member
vent's Avatar
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2019  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure, I have to rummage through all the coins again to get a pic. I'll post the new thread when I get it out.
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2019  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well if the 1943-D cent sticks to a magnet, it is not the real deal. But the weight will also help you to determine if it is the real deal.
Questions-On-Grading?
Also their are fakes out there selling dirt cheap.
Altered coins:
Questions-On-Grading?
Copper plated steel coins also out there a well that stick firmly to a magnet.
Questions-On-Grading?
Questions-On-Grading?
So that is the first one you should check on. Unless a coin is in the $100+ range, it is not something to have graded. My thinking on a graded coin is this: "I'm not paying extra for a graded coin." I also check that the grading companies have the grade/variety correct or not. My motto: "But the coin, not the plastic." I have a few graded coins, but I've never have one graded. To me it is a waste of time, unless they are very high dollar coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1070 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2019  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Evan7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What Coop said. I really hope it's legit. That's be absolutely amazing PRIMARLY for you
Pillar of the Community
thisistheshow's Avatar
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2019  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply


Quote:
Yes especially the 1943-D copper cent


Moderator
Learn More...
John1's Avatar
United States
56855 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2019  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 864Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums