Hello there from Butte My. I am a treasure hunter all around! Bottles,rocks,metal detecting, magnet fishing etc...I am seeking some help to identify a coin or medallion not to sure what it is. So I was hoping someone out there might be knowledgeable as to what it is I have.
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Lots of well educated Coin Professionals on this site . As usual , use your common sense and listen ,look-up and learn . I'm a newbie too. I also collect arrowheads I find around the creeks after a good rain. Welcome Friend
It's one sided and appears to have the remains of a small loop that broke off at the top so it was probably intended to be worn around the neck. It looks like a medal to be awarded for winning a swimming competition. Because the ribbons on the front don't name a person or an event and don't have a date, it's probably an un-awarded generic swimming event medal. I'd guess mid 1900s but that's just a guess.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use