I noticed that NGC is very well established in the world coins market. In my homeland (Russia), many people prefer NGS. PCGS, on the other hand, is represented mainly by US coins. I collect US coins myself and most of my collection is presented to PCGS.
I'm not partial to either one over the other, it really just depends on the coin. The only matter-of-fact opinion I have is that the older NGC holders that completely encircle the coin are ugly and I don't like not being able to see the edge of the coin.
The only company I've submitted coins to is ANACS, but I've purchased coins graded by all three.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020 In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020 In Memory of T-BOP 10-12-1949 to 1-19-2024
spruett001 I completely agree with you. The old NGC holders are very bad. When I browse ebay for new coins one of the things that stops me from buying is the old NGC holders. I want to see the NGC designer of that time
Quote: spruett001 I completely agree with you. The old NGC holders are very bad. When I browse ebay for new coins one of the things that stops me from buying is the old NGC holders. I want to see the NGC designer of that time
That's interesting... I personally am a big fan of the old NGC holders. Sure, the new ones are much better, but I still like the old design. We each have our preferences.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use