| Author |
Replies: 13 / Views: 1,003 |
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20052 Posts |
|
|
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
94367 Posts |
That's just a knockout. Nice pics.
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
18456 Posts |
If I didn't know it was you I would say it was AT . Nice toner . 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
984 Posts |
That will definitely catch your eye, I am so jealous of the pictures you can take. I have some purple and green toners that I won't do justice to. This picture is awesome
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19611 Posts |
Yes, not 'artificially' toned. Very, very nice.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
18932 Posts |
XF45 maybe AU50. my first thought was AT but after closer analysis I dont think so either.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1406 Posts |
I don't see wear here. Beautiful btw! I see maybe a weaker strike but still ms 63.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1406 Posts |
Ok, maybe a little on the temple and wheat ears. Thought to spot
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
20052 Posts |
Quote: Ok, maybe a little on the temple and wheat ears. I can tell you - there is no wear on this coin. That was my only concern when I picked it up at the show. My first thought was an old, bad cleaning - until I looked at it closely with my own eyes. It just wasn't a good coin up to the point a collector put it in his album/folder (The dealer told me that's where it came from, purchased from a customer.) My photography failed me with the reverse. I couldn't accurately capture the silver/green color so I didn't post an angled shot. This coin exhibits the usual Lincoln strike weakness on the head, temple, cheek and beard. It's carried through to the reverse fields above ONE and below AMERICA. This is a good one for grospoisson. He asked if toning can bump a grade - I say yes because it can add to the eye appeal and make a coin more special than a plain red one - especially on a common date coin. I think it's a 61-62 coin in red with a bump to 63 in it's current state.
Lincoln Cent Lover!VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR https://verdi.care/
Edited by BadThad 03/28/2022 6:50 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1406 Posts |
 Yeah! I'm glad my first thought was close. Now I just need to not second guess myself!
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1406 Posts |
On to color question which I'm sure you answered many times and I will do my research but how in this particular coin do you grade it red? Thought process?
|
|
Moderator
 United States
15948 Posts |
Gorgeous coin indeed. 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
20052 Posts |
Quote: how in this particular coin do you grade it red This would be considered a "brown" coin now but it STARTED (before the toning) as 61/62.
Lincoln Cent Lover!VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR https://verdi.care/
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1361 Posts |
Looks au to me, ear seems a bit flat, probably came out of a whitman slider album if I were gambling, but I've seen similar out of dansco albums as well. Neat toning.
|
| |
Replies: 13 / Views: 1,003 |
|