Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Russia 5 Kopek 1781 Em — Au?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,018Next Topic  
Valued Member
Aref's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
206 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  05:09 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Aref to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hello everyone, I'm trying to grade this 5 kopek, but I need help. In my eyes it looks high XF or even AU, but I'm not sure. The reason I want to grade is because I'm thinking about sending it for grading and the grading costs $55.
There are a lot of these coins in terrible condition selling for $20-$50 on ebay and some are even selling them higher (I don't know why). I know a friend who bought a 5 kopek with EM mint mark and not a key date that he paid $60-$70 for on ebay. If anyone could also share his/her opinions about the value of the coin I would appreciate it.
Russia-5-Kopek-1781-Em--—--Au?
Russia-5-Kopek-1781-Em--—--Au?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6879 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  05:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say EF details Cleaned
Bedrock of the Community
IndianGoldEagle's Avatar
United States
37206 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The strikes on these were not the best. I think this one will make AU-50 but might get "details" for possibly being cleaned.
Pillar of the Community
Slerk's Avatar
Russian Federation
1560 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am confused by the not very good light of these photos.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,018Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums