Interesting summary of the end of the classic commemorative series.
I understand your perspective that the US Bicentennial coinage was struck as circulating commemoratives. I won't argue that point.
But I will argue that they do not fit into the modern commemorative series as we now know it. That series began as you well know with the 1982 George Washington 250th Anniversary half dollar.
Quote:
Commemorative coin collectors would have to wait more than two decades for the next commemorative coins to be struck - the 1975-76 US Bicentennial coinage.
Commemorative coin collectors would have to wait more than two decades for the next commemorative coins to be struck - the 1975-76 US Bicentennial coinage.
I understand your perspective that the US Bicentennial coinage was struck as circulating commemoratives. I won't argue that point.
But I will argue that they do not fit into the modern commemorative series as we now know it. That series began as you well know with the 1982 George Washington 250th Anniversary half dollar.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art

























