Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

2023-D Bessie Coleman Quarter DDO DDR

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 7 / Views: 215Next Topic  
New Member

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2026  10:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 244343 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I believe this coin shows signs of both DDO,and DDR. On the obverse,I see doubling on the lettering and date. I'm hoping you can tell me if this is a true variety, or if it's Machine Doubling.
On the reverse,I'm just going to use my best amateur description. It looks to me as if she has 3 eyes.
Thank you for your time.


2023-D-Bessie-Coleman-Quarter-DDO--DDR
2023-D-Bessie-Coleman-Quarter-DDO--DDR
Edited by 244343
09/30/2026 10:39 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79294 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2026  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF! I'm not seeing a DDO or DDR. All I see is lighting reflections and possible Machine Doubling. Looks like a normal quarter to me.
Errers and Varietys.
New Member
United States
3 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   06:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 244343 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will try to repost. This is my first post, so it's a challenge.
Thank you for your reply.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1842 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add snailking1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Though there aren't any listings for DDO for the B.C. quarter (on Wexler's), there are many doubled die eye varieties for the American Women series. Attribution services on Wexler has been suspended for almost a year, so there could be some out there.
Sorry, can't really see anything with your pictures
Check out the Eleanor Roosevelt DDO
https://doubleddie.com//american-wo...e-varieties/
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196024 Posts
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107446 Posts
New Member
United States
3 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 244343 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just want to thank everyone that shares with me their knowledge. I'm 64 and just starting in this. But I definitely love it. I will reevaluate the coin.
Thanks
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196024 Posts
 Posted Today  17M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm 64 and just starting in this. But I definitely love it.
  Replies: 7 / Views: 215Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Forums