| Author |
Replies: 3,372 / Views: 117,587 |
|
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196088 Posts |
Quote: probabilities are always the probabilities. But, of course! If we were certain, we would both be rich! 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196088 Posts |
Today was calm. Ended in the ~$61 zone. Tomorrow I expect more of the same. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196088 Posts |
No craziness from the night crew. Everyone is waiting for the next event. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1345 Posts |
Quote: No craziness from the night crew. Everyone is waiting for the next event. Yessir  Silver is $61.65 this morning and trending upwards last I checked.. And looking back at this weeks chart for Silver, all it's done is ping-pong between $60 and $62 as you noted previously. Or as I like to put it, nothing but chop chop sideways. But I promise it will get way more exciting in the coming weeks. Today also starts the 4th quarter,the last 3 months of the year, among other things like the Fed meeting and elections coming up. So the big money players, hedge funds, investors, traders, political insiders, whatever, will all start positioning themselves one way or the other soon, depending on how they think (or know) things will play out. They'll be placing their bets with The Duke Brother's, you know as Eddie Murphy says "just a couple of bookies".  Eventually Silver and the Market's will start to lean in whichever direction these "bets" are biased towards. But that doesn't mean that's how it's going to end. There will be volatile days, with wild swings, those are day's where the odds flipped dramatically for whatever reason. But just like betting on anything. It all boils down to the day of the big event, the last quarter of the game. Will Silver win? Will Silver lose? Do you wake up the next day on a cheap motel room floor smelling like scotch? Or do you wake up the next day on the back of your boat sipping champagne for breakfast? 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196088 Posts |
Quote: They'll be placing their bets with The Duke Brother's, you know as Eddie Murphy says "just a couple of bookies".  Quote: Do you wake up the next day on a cheap motel room floor smelling like scotch? Or do you wake up the next day on the back of your boat sipping champagne for breakfast? Neither, being sober 30 years 9 months (on this Tuesday).  But I get the sentiment. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6016 Posts |
Oops! Just dropped down to the ~$60 range. Has there been some "next event"?
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196088 Posts |
Someone hit the panic button. Now, go bargain shop! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1345 Posts |
Quote: Oops! Just dropped down to the ~$60 range. Has there been some "next event"? Nah, you're just not paying close attention to anything that's been written on the Silver thread that you started  I guess it's gonna be a rough few weeks, might I suggest some Dramamine  
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196088 Posts |
Low $59.98 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1345 Posts |
The guy that shorted Silver at $60 on Wednesday and got turned into hamburger meat on Thursday morning when it went up to $61.60, is having a really good laugh right now at the guy that went Long Silver at $62 a little while ago.
That guy got turned into beef stew when Silver got slammed back down to $60. I know $2 doesn't sound like a lot but those aren't 1 oz rounds they're trading. We're talking contracts for thousands, hundred's of thousands, sometimes millions of paper ounces.
Same thing is happening in the stock market, chop chop, up one minute, down the next. The Market's don't know which way to go, Yet.... Which is why I'm not touching it until after the midterms are over. I like to keep my head firmly attached to my body.
Edited by Harry213 Today 2H 0M ago
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1345 Posts |
Quote: Neither, being sober 30 years 9 months (on this Tuesday).
But I get the sentiment. Hey congrats on the anniversary big guy  I was using it sorta as a metaphor, but we could switch the choices to Tacos or Prime Rib, no problem. Works for me too and probably even more fitting for the occasion I would say.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196088 Posts |
Quote: Which is why I'm not touching it until after the midterms are over. I like to keep my head firmly attached to my body. I am always "Long" anyway, but yeah, not making any adjustments for now. It hurts, but it always hurts, and I am still running >9% in my run.  Quote: Hey congrats on the anniversary big guy Thank you! 1/6/96 is my "birthday," but I always mark the 6's as a reminder to stay the course.  Quote: I was using it sorta as a metaphor, but we could switch the choices to Tacos or Prime Rib, no problem. Between fish sticks and Dover Sole. 
|
| |
Replies: 3,372 / Views: 117,587 |