This morning I received my Supergirl gold coin via UPS. Took 26 1/2 hours to get here. I like the coin, but I disagree with the subject, however no one consulted me. On to my question, in the little booklet that accompanies the coin, on the back page there is a notation that indicates 00295/10000. So is this like art lithographs now? I have the 295th Supergirl coin sold, or is it just hype? I'm leaning to the latter as I checked my Batman coin which indicates it's 03889/10000. The mint's own sales figures shows that as of Sep 27th they had sold 2,350 of the Batman coins. So what gives? Does everyone get a unique number, or is everyones pamphlet stamped with the same number?
My guess would be that it is not sold/total minted but rather numbered as minted/total minted. Shipping service then packages coins in no specific order.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use