The details on this fake coin are sharp, including the RIG for REG in the legend. I have seen others like it that have a much mushier appearance. Those were cast, as this one was (I think) per the seam. The diameter is just under 23 mm and the mass is 2.39 g.
The edge seam suggests "electrotype" to me rather than cast, but of course I don't have it in hand. But that would put it after 1850 sometime, and anyway an electrotype is normally the same size as the original. The weight would be light for a sixpence, which leads me to think it was not intended to deceive.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use