Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Commems Collection Classic: US Commemorative Coins Depicting Places

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 18 / Views: 2,650Next Topic
Page: of 2
Moderator
Learn More...
nickelsearcher's Avatar
United States
15948 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2026  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent an enjoyable early morning reading all the links, and are a bit surprised by how many of the sites I've already been to.

I have personally visited:

Stone Mountain carving (Stone Mountain half)
Independence Hall (Gold $2.50 Sesquicentennial)
Diamond Head (Hawaiian half)
The Alamo (Texas half)
Balboa Park buildings (San Diego half)
Old Swedes Church (Delaware half)
Bay Bridge (Bay Bridge half)
Burnside Bridge (Antietam half)
Concord Minuteman and Lexington Old Belfry (Lexington-Concord half)

I'm half way through the list! Perhaps there is hope that someday I can see all of them.

Thanks to @commems I now have a defined target.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
CCF Master Historian of Commemorative Coins
Learn More...
commems's Avatar
United States
12576 Posts
 Posted Today  2H 6M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I first posted about the Bay Bridge half dollar in the "Coins Depictine Places" thread, I focused on the bridge and left out the other prominent design element on the coin's reverse - the San Francisco Ferry Building.

Oversight corrected:

19. 1936 San Francisco - Oakland Bay Bridge ("Bay Bridge") - Ferry Building




Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Moderator
Learn More...
nickelsearcher's Avatar
United States
15948 Posts
 Posted Today  16M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for updating the record. I now have another target on my commemorative coin places to visit list.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
  Replies: 18 / Views: 2,650Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Forums