Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1918 Raw Lincoln Cent For Grading.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 242Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
srs77's Avatar
United States
3574 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   01:11 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Thanks in advance.

1918-Raw-Lincoln-Cent-For-Grading.
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79411 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll guess MS-65.
Errers and Varietys.
Bedrock of the Community
ijn1944's Avatar
United States
19611 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given the image posted, I'm thinking strong MS64.
Pillar of the Community
mcshilling's Avatar
Canada
9886 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in at MS65 with a shot at 66
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
CoinForMe's Avatar
United States
2455 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinForMe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would guess MS64 BN with MS65 BN is certainly possible.
From your photo, it looks like it has some finning?
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn70 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-65RB.
Pillar of the Community
Greasy Fingers's Avatar
United States
7349 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it at least ms-65 if not 66, color wise seems to have a bit of toning so that would go RB.
Do I see a few carbon spots developing? (2 obverse/3 reverse)
Pillar of the Community
howell1018's Avatar
United States
794 Posts
 Posted Today  11H 2M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The good news, I would guess MS66 RD. Now the bad news, I know little about grading Lincoln cents.
Pillar of the Community
westernsky's Avatar
United States
7732 Posts
 Posted Today  9H 53M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll take a stab at it by giving it a 65/66 R&B. Very pretty coin!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
panzaldi's Avatar
United States
18932 Posts
 Posted Today  2H 55M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do I see a few carbon spots developing? (2 obverse/3 reverse)


i see them also

excellent strike and color. the negatives...its a TV photo so you cant trust that this is what it looks like in hand

i'll stay with MS66RB since its TV photos
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2399 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 30M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sent my 18 in thinking he'd get a 64...he got a 63.
I think yours looks a grade better...so I'll say 64.
I'm a little concerned with the wispy open field ticks on the obverse...but I think the overall strike and condition allowed them to overlook those.
MS-64 BN
Beautiful toning.
smat
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196158 Posts
 Posted Today  19M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-65 RB.


Quote:
the negatives...its a TV photo so you cant trust that this is what it looks like in hand
Topic title says raw. I am pretty sure SRS does his own photos.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 242Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Forums