Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Fake Or Genuine Ancient Roman Coins ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 9 / Views: 229Next Topic  
Valued Member
Aref's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
208 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   5:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Aref to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I came across these coins on Instagram and I need help identifying whether they are genuine or fake before purchasing them. I would be grateful for your insights. I do not have access to better pictures.

Fake-Or-Genuine-Ancient-Roman-Coins-?
Fake-Or-Genuine-Ancient-Roman-Coins-?
Fake-Or-Genuine-Ancient-Roman-Coins-?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Victor's Avatar
United States
992 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   5:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Victor's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Victor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

they look fine
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196288 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will defer to Victor, but I have to say I like the cameo effect!
Valued Member
Aref's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
208 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aref to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sharp details and a price tag of $54 for the entire set makes me feel like this deal is too good to be true.
Valued Member
Empty_Pockets's Avatar
United States
278 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Empty_Pockets to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm new to collecting ancients, but for the little I know I think they are legit. Especially if Victor chimes in.
Here is a good website on what to do.
https://www.numisdon.com/clean-roman-coins-safely/
Joanne


Edit: By the way I love the Campgate
Edited by Empty_Pockets
Yesterday 6:41 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
Spence's Avatar
United States
34563 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like the cameo effect


That sand/desert patina may have been added recently.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
Aref's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
208 Posts
 Posted Today  6H 55M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aref to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That sand/desert patina may have been added recently.


This is what I'm investigating. I'm very new to Roman coins. Lots of homework to be done.
Valued Member
Aref's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
208 Posts
 Posted Today  6H 54M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aref to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is a good website on what to do.


Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3496 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 2M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FVRIVS RVFVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Twenty years ago one might have pulled these coins out of a large bowl full at a 'coin show' and paid $6-8 dollars apiece
For a brief period the internet made ancients quite affordable !
I still have a few treasures I scooped up back then
But the internet brought in the 'comedians' who now list similar coins for outrageous prices
$54 is a nice price .
But personally I wouldn't bite much beyond that !
But I am a notorious 'cheapskate' !
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196288 Posts
 Posted Today  16M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That sand/desert patina may have been added recently.
  Replies: 9 / Views: 229Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Forums