Yeah grade inflation is totally real generally speaking but in this specific case, I think it's a grader routinely assigning high Sheldon grades no other TPG would for coins exhibiting those condition characteristics.
The image is unfortunately a bit blurry due to holder but it seems to have AU details. Looks like there are a few bag marks or scrapes in field and on effigy as well. IMO, the rim edge is slightly too worn to be MS. Was this coin gently cleaned at one point and a patina slowly redeveloped before it was holdered? Not having in hand is problematic, but if I to guess I'd call this AU-50 (cleaned).
Wear in the hair, scratches on the cheek, the "6" has been hit, cleaned, and environmental damage on the Rev. I'd say I would give it an XF-40, but maybe ICCS gave them an AU.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use