| Author |
Replies: 115 / Views: 7,805 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7396 Posts |
Dang!! No wonder I can't find any nice notes! Its because you are buying them all!
Impressive! #129392;
|
|
Pillar of the Community
  United States
3830 Posts |
 Thanks, hfjacinto!
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS. My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
|
|
Pillar of the Community
  United States
3830 Posts |
It's been a few months since I added anything to my U.S. large size type set, but just picked this one up tonight on Heritage - a series 1918 $5 Federal Reserve Bank Note from the Cleveland district. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7396 Posts |
Another nice note! Can you start buying California gold notes so I can get some of these large sized? 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Outstanding! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
  United States
3830 Posts |
Thanks, hfjacinto and jbuck! Quote: Can you start buying California gold notes so I can get some of these large sized? I hope to have something interesting to share next week if I'm successful in acquiring it... 
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS. My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote: I hope to have something interesting to share next week if I'm successful in acquiring it. Good luck! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts |
I really like the FRBN series. You really have some nice ones. I've only got one. Hope to get more soon.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
  United States
3830 Posts |
Thanks, Bud250r! I really like the reverses on all the large-size FRBNs, particularly the $2 note.
Edited by hokiefan_82 10/07/2026 5:00 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
  United States
3830 Posts |
Here's a $20 1882 Date Back national bank note from The Fannin County NB of Bonham, Texas. The bank was chartered in 1898 and liquidated in 1918, and issued 1882 Brown Back and Date back notes in denominations from $10 through $100. There are no Brown Back notes and only six Date Back notes in the census, with three of those being $20 denomination. The trim is a bit wonky, but the overall appearance I felt was quite OK. And, as a fan of Led Zeppelin, I really like the town name! 
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS. My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
|
| |
Replies: 115 / Views: 7,805 |