| Author |
Replies: 3,612 / Views: 191,649 |
|
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote: paradise is what you make of it, I guess 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2728 Posts |
well, I guess it's time:  the $5K goal has been achieved. I had to sit and do some thinking & some math, but I think I actually hit the goal sooner than I thought I would. this is a good thing because the new job is hogging up a lot of my time and I'm just not going to be able to continue on with my nightly searches. i'll still be keeping an eye out for loose money, just not the coordinated effort that I had been employing since 2018. five grand over almost 9 years picked off the ground and turned into metals, a full ounce of gold + two pounds of silver. I'm looking forward to the gain in value once the bankers run out of time and tricks to keep the prices down. 
Edited by MrPink2018 10/08/2026 2:28 pm
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote: the $5K goal has been achieved. I Congratulations!  Quote: five grand over almost 9 years picked off the ground and turned into metals, a full ounce of gold + two pounds of silver.  Quote: I'm looking forward to the gain in value once the bankers run out of time and tricks to keep the prices down. 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79650 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2728 Posts |
now I have to train myself to not ride the route I have been riding each night for years. i'll just stick to feeding the cats. i'd like to say 'maybe i'll get back to it one of these days', but I really think it has run it's course. big changes economically have altered the overall amounts I have been finding, so in a way I'm glad I have to let go of it. the new job requires it. I am also eager for the paychecks to start rolling in so I can get back to my various albums & things. I could probably trade off some stuff from the bag to get some coins I need... like the '09-S VDB LWC, for example. i'll wait a while on that for now. I have other thoughts & ideas.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Good times ahead. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108190 Posts |
Congratulations MrPink! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2728 Posts |
yes, let the good times roll. this is rich: I picked $1.06 tonight without even trying. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote:this is rich: I picked $1.06 tonight without even trying. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108190 Posts |
well, huh. keep that up 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2728 Posts |
yeah, it figures.... why am I not surprised by this... i announce I am probably done pickin' coins... next night I pick $1+ without trying... and tonight:  i liberated $3.15 from a water machine coin return. that hasn't happened since april. earlier friday evening I spent & sold $17 in change at the pet store. they always need it, so since I was getting low on cash I used two rolls of nickels and a roll of dimes to buy 11 cans of cat food, then sold them $8 in quarters. all of that should have eventually gone to the bank, so I noted it for future reference. ice, water & soda machine coin returns. always check them. if there's going to be a cycle 23, it's up to $19. shaking my head... 
Edited by MrPink2018 Today 11H 13M ago
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79650 Posts |
Nice score, MrPink2018!  
Errers and Varietys.
|
| |
Replies: 3,612 / Views: 191,649 |