| Author |
Replies: 162 / Views: 11,572 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9943 Posts |
It will be interesting to how many you end up with Rob. I know I was up to 214 countries then they did a recheck on their site and I went down to 207.
My problem is I don't have them all photograph, working on it but that's a lot of pics.
Edited by mcshilling 10/04/2026 7:26 pm
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote: On my database I have 224 different countries, although I'm sometimes inconsistent about what counts as a country. I am only part of the way through listing my collection on Numista, which so far says I have coins from 152 countries Looking good!  Quote: My problem is I don't have them all photograph, working on it but that's a lot of pics. I can relate. But I am sure your queue is deeper than mine. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108298 Posts |
Here is my current world map - I have every country and all the island nations too.  all coins have been photographed and added to Numista 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Outstanding! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9943 Posts |
Nice Dearborn, so 215 countries is tops then and 326 is tops for issuers. Great info, thanks
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108298 Posts |
Quote: Nice Dearborn, so 215 countries is tops then and 326 is tops for issuers. Great info, thanks I think that is correct, although, there may be more issuers that I'm not aware of yet. But with all the foreign coins I have been buying, I have not see that number move in the past year or so.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
514 Posts |
Quote:Quote: According to my database I have 273 unique issuers. @wheatiefan is that your info or is that from Numista? I have my own database but pull most of the information from Numista API. I didn't know until just now that they differentiated between 'countries' and 'issuers'. All of mine are issuers, so Belize and British Honduras for example count as two.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2936 Posts |
It's amazing how the one hobby of "coin collecting" has such a wide variety of interests. The Numista maps really help to bring that out. I haven't checked my Numista map for a long time. Most of my ancients / Medievals aren't on there as those areas don't handle varieties very well. On the map the Papal States is probably quite red-ish too - but so small as to be tricky to see. I keep a better record of what I have accrued on my website for those areas. The 1 swap is an error!  
Edited by Bacchus2 Yesterday 03:14 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9943 Posts |
857 issuers that is a high amount , congrats
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108298 Posts |
I agree - that is a lot, are most of them from India?
|
|
Valued Member
United States
224 Posts |
I would guesstimate 98% US - 1.9% Canadian - .01% everywhere else combined - (A small peanut can full of miscelaneous world coins).
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2936 Posts |
Quote: I agree - that is a lot, are most of them from India? Yes, and German states - that would be a good proportion of them I think.
|
| |
Replies: 162 / Views: 11,572 |