| Author |
Replies: 30 / Views: 2,506 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9823 Posts |
Very kind of you Dearborn, congrats
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2189 Posts |
That was a wonderful thing to do, that act of kindness you will always remember and so will the man's daughter.
I hope your feeling better soon.
|
|
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts |
|
|
Moderator
  United States
107152 Posts |
Thanks, I think that it was meant to happen, I had never seen them in there before yesterday, and I knew right away that it was meant for him. Like fate or something.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195796 Posts |
Indeed! 
|
|
Valued Member
United States
477 Posts |
That's awesome. That sounds like my VA appointments. There is always someone that has been through a lot and a kind gesture like that can make a big difference. Thank you for your kindness and sharing the story with us.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
21792 Posts |
The Lord loves anonymous givers. - a random act of kindness.  From me: 
|
|
CCF Master Historian of Commemorative Coins
 United States
12558 Posts |
Share it forward! 
Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
3807 Posts |
That's a beautiful gesture, Dearborn. My father was a fully disabled veteran and something like that would have meant the world to him, though in his condition he would not have been able to really give his gratitude. You would have seen it in his expression, however.
Dang, I think I got something in my eyes...
|
|
Moderator
  United States
107152 Posts |
Thanks everyone for the comments. @hoki: Sorry about your father, that is why I had to do this small thing I did. And for the father I gave my coin to, I did see it in his eyes as well.
|
|
Valued Member
United States
357 Posts |
Well, I've always worn my heart on my sleeve. So me choking up while (and even now) reading Dearborn's account of his VA visit is no surprise to me.
Well done, my friend. Well done.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
27514 Posts |
Dearborn, you are a most righteous and admirable person. 
Inordinately fascinated by bits of metal with strange markings and figures
|
|
Moderator
  United States
107152 Posts |
All of your comments are all very kind.
|
|
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts |
That was a true act of kindness!
|
|
Moderator
  United States
107152 Posts |
Thanks Mojo and  to CCF! 
|
| |
Replies: 30 / Views: 2,506 |