| Author |
Replies: 843 / Views: 28,320 |
|
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108187 Posts |
So does anyone have an 1889 note? 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote:So does anyone have an 1889 note?  
|
|
Valued Member
United States
283 Posts |
I love those German notes Schwarzereiner.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2854 Posts |
Looking through Numista, there are 1889 notes from Brazil, Chile, Hong Kong, Costa Rica, Cuba, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Finland, France, New Caledonia, Greece, Haiti, Honduras, Italy, Japan, North Borneo, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Paraguay, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Scotland, Puerto Rico, and Danish West Indies. So they're out there, but I'm assuming they're definitely not common. . . 
|
|
Valued Member
Germany
69 Posts |
Quote: I love those German notes Schwarzereiner. Thank you Empty_Pockets!! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7396 Posts |
I have 1862-1865,1853, 1826, 1799, 1778, 1776 and 1773 but no 1889 :( and I have some undated notes from 1850-1860.
Edited by hfjacinto 08/02/2026 6:17 pm
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote:So they're out there, but I'm assuming they're definitely not common. . .  
|
|
Valued Member
Germany
159 Posts |
1889Hi everyone! I've been back home since yesterday. The operation went well - we'll have to wait and see if it was successful. Thank you all so much for keeping your fingers crossed for me! To keep this thread going a bit longer, here's an Argentine banknote dated 1 January 1889 from my collection of ABNC notes.  
|
|
Valued Member
Germany
69 Posts |
fantastic!! I knew we could count on you 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote: I've been back home since yesterday. The operation went well - we'll have to wait and see if it was successful. Thank you all so much for keeping your fingers crossed for me!  Quote: To keep this thread going a bit longer, here's an Argentine banknote dated 1 January 1889 from my collection of ABNC notes. Fantastic! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2854 Posts |
Beautiful banknote, Caietan!  The pillars on the reverse are interesting. I wonder what they represent.  Quote: I've been back home since yesterday. The operation went well - we'll have to wait and see if it was successful. Thank you all so much for keeping your fingers crossed for me! Glad to hear the operation went well! 
|
|
Valued Member
Germany
159 Posts |
Quote: The pillars on the reverse are interesting. I wonder what they represent They are the chimneys of the Serrano lime kiln near Cordoba. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2854 Posts |
Oh very cool! Great picture!
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote: They are the chimneys of the Serrano lime kiln near Cordoba. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
3830 Posts |
|
| |
Replies: 843 / Views: 28,320 |