Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1982 Constitution Dollar In Coin Alignment: Did I Just Stumble Across A $6000 Error Coin?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 2,320Next Topic Page 3 of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
21924 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2026  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list
Hard to tell for sure from that photo but what I'm looking is if the Obverse has been altered.
Can you get a clearer photo with no glare.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1376 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2026  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list
Congrats. Get it professionally graded for a nice score.
http://www.victoriancent.com

2011 & 2025 Fred Bowman Literary Award, 2025 Guy Potter Literary Award, 2022 Paul Fiocca Award, & 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson Award. Life Member of RCNA.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196490 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2026  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rustoleum to your friends list
I've never had a coin graded or auctioned before. I want to know what you experts think about 2 things:

1. Should I have this graded by ICCS or PCGS?

2. Do you think I would get the best price if it was auctioned at TCNC or Heritage?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5659 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2026  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list
Although I, personally, never have coins graded but in your case, and at this time, I would say ICCS. I would normally suggest PCGS 90 times out of a hundred, but Trump has put up lots of question marks for collectors. You already would pay a LARGE fee with across-the-border transactions, but this new 50% crap would eat you alive if it were enacted. You are much safer keeping this within the Canadian borders so you do not have to chance time delays or big bucks. Once all this tariff crap comes to a conclusion, you can THEN send it to PCGS or NGC or any other TPG. In this present time and place, you are better off with ICCS.
Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2026  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rustoleum to your friends list
Thanks for the advice. I've sent it to ICCS to be graded. I'll keep you posted with how it grades.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196490 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2026  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
I've sent it to ICCS to be graded. I'll keep you posted with how it grades.
Good luck!
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
15955 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2026  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list
Appears to be a fantastic find. Best of wishes on the grading.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2026  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rustoleum to your friends list
I said I'd report back after grading. ICCS graded the coin as MS63.
Valued Member
Canada
480 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2026  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Enyaw to your friends list
Congratulations, amazing find and grade.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79598 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2026  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list
Congratulations!
Errers and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3829 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2026  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list
Congrats, great find!
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS.
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196490 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2026  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
I said I'd report back after grading. ICCS graded the coin as MS63.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7734 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2026  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list
Congrats on the end result!
Moderator
Learn More...
Canada
10477 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2026  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list
Very nice. If you plan on selling it, the auction route is the best way. I'd recommend Colonial Acres Auctions or London Coin Centre Auctions. Both have a large following, especially the latter with international clients.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Page 3 of 3   Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 2,320Next Topic Page 3 of 3
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Forums