Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Well I Finally Managed To Complete My US Mint Souvenir Sets For Both Philly And Denver

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Replies: 18 / Views: 323Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107910 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list
Thanks Errers and Varieties, ijn1944, and JennyCents - took me a few years (especially the later years of the Philly set.

I even doubled up on the 1982/1983 P/D sets to put one full set into my uncirculated portion of my collection.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107910 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list
Another difficult one to get was the 1972 Denver set as they only produced about 300 to 400 sets (I'm glad I managed to get on of them), I'll have to look back to see what that one cost.
Pillar of the Community
United States
720 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Freespeech57 to your friends list
That is a great collection, congratulations!
Pillar of the Community
United States
759 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FsdWarp10 to your friends list
What a great collection! Congrats
Pillar of the Community
United States
7356 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list
Wow that seems like a major haul....
Pillar of the Community
United States
650 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Vector Ze's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Vector Ze to your friends list
Outstanding collection, Dearborn!
I only have the four sets needed to fill the gap in Mint Set production from 1982-83.
Even with that little effort, I can agree about the Philly sets.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107910 Posts
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
15952 Posts
 Posted Today  4H 50M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list
Congratulations on your set
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Pillar of the Community
United States
2288 Posts
 Posted Today  2H 5M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladking to your friends list
Quite remarkable.

I've been buying these for many many years and am still missing at least eight or nine. -and a lot of envelopes.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107910 Posts
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196389 Posts
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107910 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 26M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list
I think that there is still a 1981 set for the dollars I need to get, and a special 1976 Bicentennial one too, but not sure on that yet.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107910 Posts
New Member
United States
39 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 6M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pre_Coder to your friends list

Quote:
I found a seller that looked like he was dumping his collection, and each set that I needed cost me on average about $160.00 and had every one I needed, so I bought them all

AWESOME! Congratulations!
I'm looking forward to seeing the images.

Me being the resident dummy, what is a Souvenir Set?
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196389 Posts
 Posted Today  13M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
Me being the resident dummy, what is a Souvenir Set?
Sets sold at the Mint gift shop. They have the coins minted in the location of the shop, so Denver or Philly.
Page 2 of 2   Replies: 18 / Views: 323Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Forums