Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Won 1909 S VDB A Coin I Have Wanted Since A Kid

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 87 / Views: 7,993Next Topic
Page: of 6
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2011  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list
jpsned

I guess a lot of collectors get down to those last 4 or 5 coins, for me it is sort of waiting for a good coin at a good price to come along.

I think it is really cool your dad got a 14 D and 09 S out of circulation. I wish I could have done that years ago.

I did buy a 09 S since I picked this one up(it is posted under modern grading)

I think my dansco really looks better every time I fill one of those holes.

Good luck on you and your dad getting that S vdb.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196278 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2011  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
I think my dansco really looks better every time I fill one of those holes.
So you finally cracked this out and put it in there, right?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2764 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2011  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list
Congratulation on the win and on the coin.

Now, for the rest of those collectors looking to get one: There's ONE less!
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10743 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2011  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list

Quote:
So you finally cracked this out and put it in there, right?



Nooooo!!
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196278 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list
Yesssss!

But that is just me. I can not fault him for not cracking it, especially since he has the coin in hand. A coin like that in hand... can have an affect on a person.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list

Quote:
So you finally cracked this out and put it in there, right?


Jbuck - no I have not cracked it, but I did put in the 1909 S
I bought last Friday.

This is what I did for the S vdb hole.



Won-1909-S-VDB-A-Coin-I-Have-Wanted-Since-A-Kid
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10743 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list
Pillar of the Community
United States
3184 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list
definitely don't crack the coin out of the holder. I like the filler you put in its place. Must feel good!! The one coin I want someday is a 1955 DDO!
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196278 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
Jbuck - no I have not cracked it, but I did put in the 1909 S
I bought last Friday.

This is what I did for the S vdb hole.
Very nice!

But I want to give you an idea of what you are missing out on...

Won-1909-S-VDB-A-Coin-I-Have-Wanted-Since-A-Kid
Pillar of the Community
United States
6326 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list
This thread can be very depressing for those of us who will have "certain" holes remaining empty for a lifetime ! ... ...

Congrats though ! ....
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list

Quote:
This thread can be very depressing for those of us who will have "certain" holes remaining empty for a lifetime !


eaglefoot - just head over to the casino ... I bet you could win
enough to fill a lot of holes ... that is how I am buying many
of my coins.

Jbuck - that is a very cool picture .. makes me think about how good
it would look in the album.

I have been getting a few slabs lately, so I had to figure out a
way to store them.

This is what I came up with.



Won-1909-S-VDB-A-Coin-I-Have-Wanted-Since-A-Kid

Won-1909-S-VDB-A-Coin-I-Have-Wanted-Since-A-Kid

Won-1909-S-VDB-A-Coin-I-Have-Wanted-Since-A-Kid
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196278 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10743 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list
GoldRush, I like your picture better than jbucks.....
Pillar of the Community
United States
737 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2011  06:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rsxtacee to your friends list
Looking good!
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196278 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2011  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
GoldRush, I like your picture better than jbucks.....


Okay, you do have a point.
Previous TopicReplies: 87 / Views: 7,993Next Topic
Page: of 6
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Forums