Here's a silver Kennedy I found in a roll a couple years back. I didn't notice the doubling until much later. Is a minor doubled die coin like this worth a premium over a normal 1964-D half?
Yes, this is the tripled die obverse FS-103, the tripling is straight downward, on the quad obverse the splits run to the right. Cherry Pickers lists it at 35 dollars in MS-63 ,and well known in circ grades. Unfortunately the haste at which these coins were put into production made for alot of errors. I have found several of these triples, a couple quads, and bunches of DDO's (major and minor) in the past year from the melt bags. Also found alot of RPM's- even some DDO's with RPM's. I figure the premium is small, but it's more than I am paying for them and that's what cherry picking is all about right ?
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use