Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection Modern: 1987 US Constitution Bicentennial

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,048Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1247 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The 2018 Breast Cancer gold coin is more than 18K. 18K is 75% gold, the coin is 85% gold.

My mistake 18/24=.75 not .85 . Even so, the BCA half eagle is still, I believe, unique at this composition versus all other US gold coins which I think are either .9 or .9999
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No problem. Yes it is unique with its metals composition to try and get the pinkish hue. I bought one for my wife when it was released since she's a breast cancer survivor. I thought the price was high but gold has gone up since then. Melt value still less than what I paid but it's a collectable.
Edited by livingwater
01/24/2022 3:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
838 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the informative post, commems. Though I no longer collect modern gold commemoratives, the Constitution Bicentennial $5 commemorative was among my favorites.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Pillar of the Community
United States
6454 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  01:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had been collecting the $5 gold commemoratives but have only purchased one in the past few years due to the spot gold spike. The Jacky Robinson uncurculated had been the key but some of the more recent issues may have less mintages.
Where can I find mintage #'s for these coins?

Breast Cancer example as we have been discussing them.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7769 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Where can I find mintage #'s for these coins?

Here's are two links to the latest info from the US Mint:

- Historical Modern Commemorative Mintage/Sales Figures

- US Mint: Cumulative Sales Figures/Reports

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6454 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems, thanks for the link. As I see the 2019 American legion unc. $5 has the lowest mintage of the $5 series to date exceeding the Boys town $5 by 10 units.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,048Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: