Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1935 Bank Of Canada First Series (Post Yours!)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 801Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1740 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2022  6:02 pm Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I posted this "Shirley Temple" 1935 $20 when I started a thread on QEII banknotes:

It later dawned on me that I've never started a 1935 thread. So here we are folks and this is another note I own, a French $5.00:

which I posted about 2 years ago. I will now look into my files and see if I can find any scans of my other 1935 notes.

Hope you will add your 1935 short-lived first Bank of Canada series notes here!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1266 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2022  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beauty notes!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1740 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2022  07:57 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you @johnnysprawl.
-Though not all of my 1935 examples are as nice as those. Here's a large seal $20 that's seen better days (though the colour is still pretty good):

and another $5 (this one English):

These are notes I posted back in 2018, shortly after joining CCF.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1740 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2022  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an "A" version the $1.00:

And here's a "B" version:

Tomorrow I will dig up my blue Two.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
977 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2022  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picture of my two it's not in great condition but it's good until I can get a deal on one better.

Cheers, Bill

Edited by Hounddog Bill
02/26/2022 3:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1740 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1740 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1740 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
294 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  01:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
beautiful notes;,,,, have to admit my biggest emotion is (sadly) jealously
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1740 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
beautiful notes;,,,, have to admit my biggest emotion is (sadly) jealously

@cdngmt, all of my 1935 notes were typical low quality examples which I still own to this day (see an example I posted on April 10th). Around 2014, I had made a commitment to buy some nicer examples. It was one of my best collector goals but it took at least 3-5 years to fulfill. The 1st (1935) series is priced wildly high (& if you start to hunt you will see wide variation in prices) but one thing you learn fast (if you're interested in these notes) is that more sellers are US based (& are asking USD) & secondly, they're way over graded. So that's why it takes quite a bit of time to find a note at a grade level you find acceptable & then you enter negotiations on a price (or you participate in an auction). Sometimes it means paying taxes or some other compromise. Other times it means settling for a BIN (Buy it Now) note b/c you know that the price is a bit high but compared to paying a buyer's premium (plus taxes) it may be worth it.

I cover setting clear decent collecting goals often on my hobby site (Notaphylic Culture). In fact, there are many good links & I update the site weekly with observations & monthly with how I see the banknote market.

Thanks for the compliment & hope you can set a few collector goals yourself. Sometimes it might mean working your way up from lower denominations to higher denominations (& of course, you've got to think about your budget). It doesn't happen overnight.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 801Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: