Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Advice On Where 11 Year Old Niece Can Buy Wheaties

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 84 / Views: 2,969Next Topic
Page: of 6
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  3:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So we got my 11 year old niece that lives with us a Wheat penny album for Easter, since, apparently, my newfound obsession must've rubbed off me, onto her! So after she's done going through ALL of my wheaties, unbeknownst to me, her and my wife purchased 1 roll from ebay, think they were 10 bucks and free shipping. Now I've never purchased any wheat pennies online or in person so I have no idea if thats the going rate, or if they got ripped off? Also when one purchases a supposed "unsearched" roll of wheaties, what would the roll look like? These were packaged in brown paper rolls with a stamp, made to look like they came from some federal agency, with a name I'd never heard, but surely these had been repackaged by some private entity right?

Yall I haven't seen her so excited like this in a long time, she ran up to the mailbox, full sprint, after school yest, once she learned they were in mailbox on way home! However the only slot filled was a '30 S, the others were mostly '50s, a handful of '40s, the aforementioned with 2 other late '30s, a 1920 P and a 60 memorial! I'm just curious what should I be looking for when searching online to help her fill her album and if any recommendations could be made? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
5119 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My local coin shop has thousands if not 10's of thousands and sells them for 5 cents each. Message me and I can give you the address.
Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also when one purchases a supposed "unsearched" roll of wheaties, what would the roll look like?

#1., Ain't no such thing as "unsearched", that's just a line of crap.
#2., You'll find the help you need here.
#3., if you have access to a local coin shop you shouldn't have to pay more than .05 cents each. MAX
Pillar of the Community
United States
8524 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin shops in my area typically price bulk, well-circulated wheats at 6 cents each (95%+ 1940s-50s). Local market conditions could flex that to 7 or 8 cents each (I've seen that the last several months). You can be sure that the content of these bulk lots have been searched and searched (and searched again) over several decades--meaning that chances are about nil that anyone would find a big ticket wheat. Nice woodies, cracked skulls, and fun die chips and cracks can still be found with some ease.

Ebay is what it is--some wheat sellers are dubious, others are pretty honest. Why, I suspect some sellers are regular participants on this forum...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17453 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ CCB420 , PM me and I can help her with a roll of nicely mixed Wheaties .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And that's also our problem, closest coin shop is over an hour and half from the house, however we're planning on taking her to one weekend after next. Had the thing planned in one city, til we found out the shop was closed on Saturday, now we're looking to go somewhere that does last minute, just because of coins! That's what I figured on the whole "unsearched" title, but then again, I've never tried. Then she comes in with a pic of some rolls with an Indian head on one end, but they wanted 15 bucks a roll for those, which she wanted next, but there's only 15 left, which is when I told her to pump the brakes!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3880 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you look on eBay for small lots or sets, you can target more for your empty slots. I searched on "Lincoln Wheat Lot" and found this for example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275298114792

1918-D 1921 26 27-d 37-d all in one shot.

Takes a bit of the surprise out of it but you get that satisfaction of fillin' them holes!

Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indians on the end. Obvious deception. I don't trust ebay for them. Probably just go to a website, like Dave's Collectibles and get the ones you need. It would be cool to get her an uncirculated version of one, so she knows what good ones look like. I think 5 a piece for bulk ones is a good price. If someone tries to tell you a roll is unsearched, I wouldn't believe it. I don't collect pennies but I have a huge canvas bag of the wheaties.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17453 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received your PM , now waiting for your response .

In Memory of Butch L.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21878 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shoot me a message too, I don't have any wheaties but I'll send a little care package.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9854 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  03:42 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few Wheaties and a couple IHC I'll send you. Just PM your address and they'll be on the way.
ANA #R3154474
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all of you! Had some stuff to take care of yest, just got back on after that last reply, I'll get in touch with everyone before the end of today
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17453 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow what have I started ? If any more members send coins to his Neice she'll wind up with a huge collection putting some of us to shame !

In Memory of Butch L.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
654 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you post in the buy/sell/trade section your want list, then members can reach out and let you know if they have any you need.
Pillar of the Community
United States
930 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you post in the buy/sell/trade section your want list, then members can reach out and let you know if they have any you need.

smat
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Words cannot express how awesome I think it is, that this simple post, posing a question about the prices of wheat pennies for his niece, has morphed into what it has become and how grateful Kennedy and I are to the CCF's awesome Members!! I'm super stoked to see this little girls reaction to the everyone's kind gifts!! I wish I could've snapped a pic (and probably post too many) of her face when I showed her this thread and what everyone one was saying! She's not believing that people we've never met, are gonna just send her some coins, not asking for anything in return! Can't say I wasn't taken aback a lil by it myself!! However, we're pretty pumped up about, now we have to keep her lil mushy mind into it during this 2nd decade of her life, then keep her from spending it around the beginning of that third!!

Thanks again to everyone's help and advice, yall are awesome!
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 84 / Views: 2,969Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: