Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1956-D Lincoln To Help Grade Possible Submission Two Sets Of Pictures

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 268Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
706 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  10:46 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Second photo is from PCGS website graded ms-67+

Second photo from PCGS website grade ms-67+

Couple things to consider. The PCGS coin may be toned ( can't tell) My coin is original copper color but extremely lustrous. Both sets of photos are highly magnified and I am shooting for a 67 67+ would be out of the question. Should I save my money or maybe a shot?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68994 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shoulder looks a bit rough in first pic. I'll say MS-66+RD.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17958 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty comparable to me. 67RD
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17470 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your obverse is a little soft , reverse a few ticks . I'm at 66+RD .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12222 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the photos on this one are playing with my brain. the first obv photo has too much light and the second a little too much contrast. in the first one I'm not seeing the flaws that the second one is showing me. that being said which shots are more like the coin in hand? I'm going with the second one for now

the problems areas I'm noting here are in key areas of this coin and the highest points on the obv. the coin was most likely in contact with another on top of it causing the abrasions we see. I cant get this higher than 66RD using these photos.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9468 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Analyzing this with the eye of someone looking for an MS67RD:

With the light marks on the bust/cheek and between O and N in ONE CENT, the hit on the T in CENT, and a couple of light scattered hairlines in the fields I'd be at MS64RD tops

The PCGS coin is overgraded, there is noticeable rub on the obverse (see above), a hit in front of the hair and a hit below CENT

Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23942 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2022  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First one is a nicer coin. MS-66RD. The PCGS coin I can't see any higher than MS-65RD.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 268Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: