Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Melt Bucket Rescue - 10c From 1965 PL Set

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 747Next Topic  
Learn More...
Canada
10212 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  3:41 pm Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Coin dealers often melt the PL sets from 1963 to 1967, and a dealer I knew had just acquired 30 sets from 1965. I asked if I could quickly scan through them and ended up buying one set just over spot that had a really nice 10-cent. I sent that coin to PCGS a while ago and recently got the results back:

https://www.PCGS.com/cert/43890826

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1899 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice cherry pick
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6032 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a very nice rescue well worth the time of looking.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4398 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems like the breeze is always gently blowing on your back, SPP. Nice buy!
Edited by okiecoiner
06/01/2022 4:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8901 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very, very nice. Wonder what 'the dealer' was thinking...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1095 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!
Learn More...
Canada
10212 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very, very nice. Wonder what 'the dealer' was thinking...

When it comes to what is considered to be silver melt, most dealers just don't care or bother to look.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
United States
114684 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A beautiful example! What sort of price would someone expect to pay for that coin in that grade?
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
United States
8901 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While we're not talking mega $$$ here, it does make one curious as to what coin dealers/shop owners devote their attention too. I'd imagine the vast majority are reasonably savvy and focus on the larger picture--most return for their investment (in holdings/inventory). Some things likely slip through the cracks--perhaps not big ticket items, but some nice 'overlooked' finds can be had. That's one reason I go through bins of coins at shops and shows. Managed to find some AU+/MS Japanese silver coins over the years, and a very nice 1930 GB 6 pence--perhaps MS62 (original, not cleaned); all for a small amount of pocket change.
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pick SPP. Probably an $80CAD coin.
Valued Member
Canada
169 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing like a top-pop from the melt bin. Just got a 1957 PL from the "scrap box" bin, it was in a 2x2. ICCS came back PL-65. It's not much but its a $60-70 coin for spot + $2
Valued Member
Canada
126 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Levaril to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would go for more than $80 imho. With the attractive toning and the DCAM I'd expect more than $100 and on a good day closer to $200. A good day is when a couple people both want it. Lol. I own the sole 68DCAM and some of those ones get a little lofty. Very nice pick up SPP!
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 747Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: