Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

No More Pinging With My Finger

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,096Next Topic  

United States
45 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  10:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Goldeggsandham to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've had a SoundMoneyMetals pocket pinger for several days and it is better than finger pinging. I have it easier now working with small coins and I also no longer drop coins. The drawbacks are gradual wear and tear, and potential to devalue proofs.

The pinger is also a good ear training tool!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
74917 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5838 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum. You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn. Enjoy and explore!!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18456 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF ,
Tony

For Butch & Jim rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4333 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How does this "pinger" work?
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2022  04:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goldeggsandham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Keith, the device holds the coin, like a vice, with rubber tips. Pinging can be done by either striking the coin with a small object(that won't damage the coin) or by flicking the coin against the device itself. I wish I could have put a video on here but there are plenty on YouTube. The pinger can be found on eBay and it's affordable.

Thanks Keith and thanks to the others!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13701 Posts
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2022  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goldeggsandham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have tinnitus as well and I ping close to my ear to hear the lower frequencies. There are also phone apps that listen to the pings of tested coin/bullion and compare the results to the real thing for authentication.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20586 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2022  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For ping testing proof proof coins, you could put a small piece of polyethylene from a plastic bag between the holding fingers.
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2022  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goldeggsandham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sel, good idea but I'm not brave enough to do that. LOL
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20586 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2022  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Plastic faced stamp tongs would help not only with silver proof coins, but also with all red copper and bronze coins as well

Fingerprinting is the obvious enemy.
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2022  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KerryKz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5U5O4d6QA0A
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,096Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: