Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Silver Certificate Sets

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,325Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  5:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jimjumper to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Had a local gentleman volunteer to allow me to use his notes for a club lecture on Large size Silver Certificates. Thought I would post a picture of the notes and let you drool for a while!
The notes are the 14 types of Large Size $1 (5 ea.), $2 (4 ea.), and $5 (5 ea.) notes and when the sets were complete, they were submitted for re-holdering. They are all matching PMG65EPQ with consecutive holder numbers. I'll refrain from posting the collectors name. Spectacular!
Edited by Jimjumper
06/11/2022 7:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5362 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinfrog sure has nice notes ;)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71521 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My notes are nowhere near that nice. Knockout collection.
Edited by Coinfrog
06/11/2022 5:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8038 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow - amazing and beautiful collection.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
234 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing set!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1121 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic set of well-matched gem silver certificates! Those are absolutely incredible.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Edited by hokiefan_82
06/11/2022 9:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2258 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Insane! Very nice set of matching notes!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1904 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super nice, exquisite collection
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10952 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46441 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2022  04:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great,now I need a new keyboard. Drool and keyboards don't go together
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2022  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone else have dreams where you find a hoard like this under a rock in your backyard?
When your 65EPQ Running Antelope note doesn't make top 3 of just your $5 silver certificate collection, you know it is next level ridiculous.
Sounds like an awful nice guy to let you borrow them for the lecture. Hey Bob, can I borrow $150,000 in cash to show to my buddies this afternoon? Sure!
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  03:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ghonk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW
Edited by ghonk
06/14/2022 03:16 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2601 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  06:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats the good stuff alright!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3805 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  06:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A truly remarkable collection. Thanks for sharing.
I consider the $5 notes the highlights of the collection.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1774 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2022  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is an excellent example of "less is more."

On other forums, I have seen the proposition, "if you could only buy 10 notes, which would they be?" Is it possible to develop such laser focus?

Above, the OP shows 14 classics all in top notch condition. I don't believe I could ever downsize & come up with my own version of a "dream set" some day (especially not horse blankets). My pockets aren't very deep & my focus is scrambled.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,325Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: