Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1951 Nickel Crazy Double Die!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 703Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  05:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Skayem to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I haven't found very much information on this coin just trying to figure out if it's worth getting graded any help is appreciated

Learn More...
United States
24267 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  06:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm @ska, I'm not seeing the doubling that you are with the coin in hand. I do note that US of A is damaged along the tops of the letters, most likely due to a rolling machine.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15833 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a Doubled Die. PMD.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3308 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  07:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's hard to tell from the pictures but I agree I'm not seeing any doubled die, there appears to be a fair amount of circulation wear and at the bottom of the devices on the reverse ledgand it looks like there is a roller damage that has slightly pushed the bottom of the letters downwards.
Just a spender for me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8981 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, appears to be post-strike damage--vending machine or Rolling Machine Damage on the reverse. A little difficult to determine further due to the somewhat soft nature (not sharp) of the images posted.

In my opinion, not worth submitting for grading.
Pillar of the Community
United States
818 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, appears to be PMD.
Pillar of the Community
United States
677 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd send it in anyway and ask if they'll label it with the exclamation point.
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10452 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70422 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, just PMD.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45861 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Do not send it in.
Need better photos,but I am thinking PMD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
why would you go against what the professionals say, who are trying to help you? It will cost you 35 to 50 dollars to send it in when you coin is worth 3 cents.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3308 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
when you coin is worth 3 cents.

I'll buy all you nickels for 3 cents
Pillar of the Community
United States
1825 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pics are so over magnified (too large and distorted) it's difficult to make a determination
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaRukus660 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
9130 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does not appear to be a doubled die ( maybe that's why you were unable to find info on it?). If you send it off to be graded it would be a total waste of money.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7931 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

with what has already been said. It's worth 5 cents and will cost you $30-$50 to be graded - what do you suppose you should do?
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 703Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: