Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1923-S Monroe Doctrine Half - Circulated - Grade?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 468Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1302 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2022  1:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add The Silver Searcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Here's another circulated commem! What say you on grade?

Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2022  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dunkleosteus430 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a 3 or 4
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8267 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2022  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another possible AG-03 Details coin - I see straight lines over the entire surface again.

nickelsearcher has tremendous experience in this area. His thoughts will be the definitive answer, IMO.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
07/05/2022 5:53 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71771 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2022  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Borderline G-04, I'd say.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8070 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the Frog at G04. Hard to judge these surfaces from the images, possibly cleaned but I can't say for sure.

For this coin, the reverse legends and portrait 'disappear' before the obverse does, so truly well-circulated examples appear a little lop sided.

Here is mine - PCGS FR02

Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 468Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: