Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992 Washington Quarter - So I Just Started Getting Into The Error Game

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 460Next Topic  

United States
45 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  5:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Newbcoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys and gals David here, so I just started my cook. Saving and gathering/ error hunt coin journey... SO I CAME ACROSS THIS COIN was like hmmm this is weird looks like it was burnt or heated up than felt the adverse side of the coin and the smooth as a baby's butt and then on the reverse side smooth as a baby butt but with the collabs of like oil or something in the image so if I can get any input on this coin greatly appreciated this post damage or mint error damage and if so what kind of damage or error Thanks again for reading this post and taking a time out your day to answer this noobs question

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***
Edited by Newbcoiner
07/06/2022 5:38 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10390 Posts
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newbcoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
See I thought that as well but, when you zoom really in on it, all the discoloration looks to be like ink blobs
Edited by Newbcoiner
07/06/2022 5:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8948 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Staining--perhaps spent a little time in a moist cupholder, or under a washing machine where some water accumulated and mixed with nearby gunk, etc. The coin didn't leave the striking chamber in that condition.
Pillar of the Community
United States
555 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like stain but I still think it is cool looking
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1529 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF and
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45768 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

My thought is a cup holder coin...PMD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
9124 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
some sort of environmental staining. Keep searching!
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58804 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On coins, the better the condition a coin is in, the more value for the coin. The more post strike damage a variety coin, reduces the value. On a normal coin that is damaged, then it is just a face value coin as it is a cull coin to a serious collector.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 460Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: