Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2022 Commonwealth Games Coins At Woolworths

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 2,776Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

Australia
1181 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2022  06:43 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
jens coins mentioned this in a different thread https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=419928 (p.8) but it's probably worthy of having it's own thread for those that may have missed it.

Starting this Wednesday 20 July, a different coloured $2 coin will be released each week for three weeks. Also available will be a folder containing all three $2 coins plus four different $1 coins for $15.
https://www.canstarblue.com.au/groc...games-coins/

In previous years it was just luck if you received one in your change but it looks as though this year you may be able to actually ask for some in your change? 'Customers can redeem their free $2 coins at checkout with a receipt.'

... and this is from their upcoming catalogue which states a limit of five coins per transaction which is more in line with how Australia Post distributed their $1 alphabet coins.

Edited by coaster
07/18/2022 06:48 am
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20337 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2022  07:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the past I have always asked for new looking bright and shiny coins from the till. What you get can be somewhat of a lucky dip.
I never ask the checkout chicks to look for specific coins; that is not their job, and they are too busy anyway.

You can however, buy complete carded sets over the counter.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1356 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2022  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

... and this is from their upcoming catalogue which states a limit of five coins per transaction which is more in line with how Australia Post distributed their $1 alphabet coins.

Won't happen. With the Olympics sets the number that were sold in one go really depended on the person behind the counter. I had one location wouldn't sell more than 2 while another sold me 6. At the time the limit was I think 3 or 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2022  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish here in the USA, the Mint would partner with corporations to better distribute coins. You lucky wallabies.

KK
Valued Member
Australia
122 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2022  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Be careful what you wish for Kopper Ken.
Learn More...
United States
118223 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2022  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The best we get is a US Mint booth at a larger coin show.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4502 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2022  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wish here in the USA, the Mint would partner with corporations to better distribute coins. You lucky wallabies.

All these new coins are becoming a pain in the butt.

Here are the designs.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
824 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2022  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All these new coins are becoming a pain in the butt.

YEssss.

I must not read these threads on the Mints latest bubblegum Coins.
etc.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2022  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it's a coin that circulates...I'll collect it. Loved when the Brits did the alphabet coins in 2018/2019...didn't you Aussies do that also?

KK
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2022  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All seems a bit soon after Olympic Games last year.

But even I agree, the novelty of new $2 coloured coins is wearing off fast. Back in the mid 2010's it was 1 or 2 a year, now its almost 10 coins a year.

But I agree, the distribution is more generous and they make these affordable. $15 for an album with 7 different coins worth $10 FV is better value than most. If it was NZ it would be $39.95 per $1 coin and only available on a Blue Moon Sunday in one store in Auckland.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4502 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2022  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
.I'll collect it. Loved when the Brits did the alphabet coins in 2018/2019...didn't you Aussies do that also?

Yes we did. Ours was on dollar coins. We have had 3 sets so far.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1356 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2022  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

If it's a coin that circulates...I'll collect it. Loved when the Brits did the alphabet coins in 2018/2019...didn't you Aussies do that also?

Yes we did.
A set came out in 2019.
Then another in 2021.
And yet another in 2022.

They really are

At least they changed the designs of each set, unlike the Brits who re-issued the same set with a different date.
Edited by David Graham
07/20/2022 5:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4502 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2022  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PrinceTane, I have a set put aside for you.
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2022  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wowwww!!!

You guys down-under have all the fun.

KK
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2022  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Triggersmob,

Meanwhile do you require any dates of early Australian Florin (Worn?)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4502 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2022  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Meanwhile do you require any dates of early Australian Florin (Worn?)

Yes, I need quite a few please.
I'll send you a list. Cheers
OFEC count = 237
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 2,776Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: