Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Will The 2023 Morgan Dollars Affect The Value Of 2021 Morgans?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,492Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
148 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2022  4:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add shaney777 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
How will the 2023 Morgan dollars affect the value of 2021 Morgans?
Error Ref website engineer
TOCC FM#021
Valued Member
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2022  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2023 product options will not include any privy-marked Morgan dollars like those issued in 2021 to pay homage to the Carson City and New Orleans Mints I see, so I guess those two from 2021 might be worth picking up before more realize that. I have only 1 CC as the website was crazy at the time trying to order so in a way its good they have enrollments so those who want them wont have to go through that pain of ordering.

Production plans for 2022 Morgan and Peace dollars were scrapped because the Mint was unable to secure sufficient quantities of .999 fine silver planchets for minting them. Mintages are higher than 2021 as well. I don't see the mint producing the 2 coin reverse proof set as a yearly issue so maybe that one. The other 4 I can see as a yearly issue which would somewhat hurt demand for 2021 except the CC/O but they are the first year so will retain much better than 2023+. I think the mint is using the enrollments to gauge demand.
Edited by datadragon
08/03/2022 4:26 pm
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shaney777 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately the three I have aren't privy marked. It sounds like you believe value will fall on these with the 2023 release. I should sell as soon as I can?
TOCC FM#021
Pillar of the Community
United States
516 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If this becomes an annual series like the ASEs, it may raise the value of the 2021 issues as collectors will need them to complete the series.
Valued Member
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its all speculative. Normally when you have an ongoing series, the first in the series can rise as people want to collect the entire series. Mintages matter also as demand has to be more than the supply. On the other side, the continued availability of the design can lower demand overall, but the first in the series will always tend to hold better than later years even in that case.

Graded 2021-D Morgans are rarer in MS70 as mentioned, so they are more valuable and certainly further worthwhile to keep versus a poor example. O/CC as I speculated may rise since those are the ones that will not have future examples at least in 2023. I dont suggest selling any of them, but perhaps just not holding onto a hoard of them rather than a few and just not to buy into the future examples unless they are of something new or you dont have a prior example from 2021. Keep a watch on the enrollments to see which are selling out faster.
Edited by datadragon
08/09/2022 3:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6623 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see another Denver issue for 2023, this could lead to only two options for a Denver coin 1921 and 2021.
Valued Member
United States
280 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not have a crystal ball so I have no answer. I own only one 2021 Morgan dollar, the Denver mint. I am enrolled for the five offerings in 2023, one each of the uncirculated and proof, and two of the reverse proof. I do not plan to get any more 2021 Dollars at this point.
Valued Member
United States
310 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in for the reverse proof set. The mintage limits make them all bullion coins to me. Way to many and way over priced.
The 2021 Morgan's are in a league of their own.
They were much lower montages and truly anniversary coins.
Valued Member
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do not have a crystal ball so I have no answer. I

When in doubt... just ask the magic 8 ball!

All you have to do is ask the ball a yes/no question. After asking, you can receive many possible answers. The magic ball can answer you some of the following lines: It is certain, It is decidedly so, Without a doubt, Yes - definitely, You may rely on it, As I see it, yes, Most Likely, Outlook good, Yes, and Signs point to yes. These are the affirmative answers.

Then we have the negative answers, which are Don't count on it, My reply is no, My sources say no, Outlook not so good, and very doubtful. There are also non-committal answers, which are: Reply hazy, try again, Ask again later, Better not tell you now, Cannot predict now, and Concentrate and ask again. Each category of answers is characterized by its own colour. The positive answers are green, the negative ones are red, and the non-committal ones are yellow.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vendetta to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know I'll be purchasing all the 2023's
Can't help myself.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If this becomes an annual series like the ASEs

Like others I'm sure, I received a letter from the U.S. Mint yesterday discussing their efforts to improve their ordering and shipping activities. In that letter, they specifically referred to the 2023 Morgan / Peace program as an "annual series." I take that to mean we will see them again.
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... referred to the 2023 Morgan / Peace program as an "annual series."

Not another one!!!

KK
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shaney777 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank y'all!
TOCC FM#021
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2022  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for this discussion. Prices for the 2021 Morgans and Peace dollars reflect the comments above. Six coin sets are over $1K. . .quite a price to pay due to the FOMO principle.

P.S. I'll rarely post but I often browse these forums. Very helpful for a "rookie" who started with inherited UNC and Proof sets.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,492Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: